OneHE is a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales no. 11223728.
Registered Office: 6 Appleby Glade, Haxby, York, YO32 3YW, UK.
© OneHE Ltd 2018.
OneHE, the global network for educators, today named sixteen internationally respected learning and teaching leaders who have joined OneHE’s new Advisory Group. Advisory Group members will help to shape OneHE’s strategic direction in response to the needs of OneHE’s global community of educators.
The sixteen members of the Advisory Group confirmed today are (in alphabetical order):
|Professor Arshad Ahmad||Vice Chancellor, Lahore University of Management Sciences||Pakistan|
|Professor Peter Arthur||Professor of Teaching, University of British Columbia||Canada|
|Dr Maha Bali||Associate Professor of Practice, Center of Learning and Teaching American University in Cairo||Egypt|
|Dr Michael Berman||Chief Innovation Officer and Deputy CIO at California State University, Chancellor’s Office||United States of America|
|Professor Sir Drummond Bone||Chair of the Observatory on Borderless Higher Education and former Master of Balliol College at the University of Oxford||United Kingdom|
|Dr Sue Giloi||Provost at Inscape Education Group, Pretoria||South Africa|
|Dr Jim Hall||Dean, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York||United States of America|
|Professor Steve Joordens||Director, Advanced Learning Technologies Lab, University of Toronto||Canada|
|Professor Stephanie Marshall||Vice Principal Education, Queen Mary University of London and independent Higher Education expert||United Kingdom|
|Sean Michael Morris||Director, Digital Pedagogy Lab at University of Mary Washington||United States of America|
|Professor Beverley Oliver||Alfred Deakin Professor, former Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education, Deakin University, Melbourne and independent Higher Education expert||Australia|
|Dr Jamil Salmi||Independent Higher Education expert||Colombia|
|Dr Mary Deane Sorcinelli||Senior Fellow, Institute for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development, University of Massachusetts Amherst||United States of America|
|Professor Karen Stanton||Vice Chancellor, York St John University||United Kingdom|
|Dr Andree Sursock||Senior Adviser at European University Association and independent higher education expert||Belgium|
|Dr Gavan Watson||VP Teaching and Learning and Director for the Centre for Innovation in teaching and learning, Memorial University of Newfoundland||Canada|
Announcing the members of the OneHE Advisory Group, Managing Director Dr Mark Jones said “OneHE was founded to build a global community of educators with a shared passion for learning and teaching and our Advisory Group reflects this ambition. We are delighted to have an Advisory Group that can provide such a rich range of regional insights and global perspectives. We would like to thank our Advisory Group members for their support and commitment to work with us to realise our community’s ambitions for learning and teaching.”
OneHE is a membership platform that helps educators to connect, collaborate and innovate in a safe space that is uniquely for them. Individuals can join OneHE at www.onehe.org/join. All members registered on 25th January 2019 will be eligible to apply for innovation funding through the OneHE Foundation which will run its first funding round in February.
– The Advisory Group members have been drawn from Europe, North America, Africa, MENA, South America, Asia and Australia.
– OneHE is the first global network for educators in higher education with a shared passion for learning and teaching. It aims to bring together educators to share ideas, solve common challenges and inspire each other to improve the impact and effectiveness of higher education, building on shared wisdom, experience and passion.
– OneHE provides a safe space for educators to meet existing and new colleagues, collaborate across disciplines, build communities, promote and develop their practice, gain recognition and apply for funding.
– OneHE is a member-led community. It charges a low monthly membership fees starting at £3 (inclusive of VAT) which is halved for low-income, lower-middle-income and upper-middle-income economies.
– OneHE charges a membership fee to generate funding for innovation and to keep the platform up-to-date and free from advertising.
– Membership income allows for the community to continue to develop, keep the network space free of commercial messages and, importantly, generate funding for member-led innovation to be issued through the OneHE Foundation.
– Through the OneHE Foundation, OneHE will award grants to member-selected projects every four months.
– OneHE was formed in 2018 by Dr Mark Jones, Olivia Fleming and Simon Jones, former directors of the UK Higher Education Academy.