Dr Konstantina Martzoukou is Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and holds a PhD in Information Seeking Behaviour and a Certificate in Leadership and Management (ILM L5). Her research work encompasses a number of interrelated areas, including information seeking behaviour, information literacy and digital literacy with an emphasis on the everyday life context. Her recent research work has included the exploration of HE students’ digital competencies, the development of digital resilience in children, the information literacy experiences and socio-cultural adaptation of Syrian refugees in Scotland as well as an edited book ‘Trends in Music Information Seeking, Behavior, and Retrieval for Creativity’.
Konstantina is Online Community Network Founder of OneHE Information, Digital and Media Literacy Mindsets and member of research related committees, including the Editorial Advisory Committee of Library Management Journal, the European Conference on Information Literacy and the Annual Meeting of The Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T). She has been PhD external examiner at national and international level and invited speaker in several conferences and events, including the 2019 CILIP Public and Mobile Libraries conference (keynote speaker) and is currently co-judge of the Information Literacy Award at the Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC). She has previously been ESRC Grants Assessment Panel (GAP) member and Project Grants Reviewer for the Irish Research Council. In 2019 she received an Emerald Literati Award for ‘Outstanding Reviewer’.
- Work website: https://www3.rgu.ac.uk/dmstaff/martzoukou-konstantina
- A recent paper: A study of higher education students’ self-perceived digital competences for learning and everyday life online participation: https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JD-03-2020-0041/full/html
- MADDIE IS ONLINE: Teaching schoolchildren digital resilience and information literacy. An educational video cartoon series: https://maddiesonline.blogspot.com/ Video playlists: bit.ly/2LwnE6T (Series 1 Online Resilience. Reflections on social media and cyberbullying. Series 2 Misinformation).
- She has a co-edited book, ‘Trends in Music Information Seeking, Behavior, and Retrieval for Creativity’ published (by IGI Global).
- She is also running this Master’s course: https://www.rgu.ac.uk/study/courses/931-pgcert-pgdip-msc-information-and-library-studies and this short course: https://rgu.ac.uk/study/courses/3195-information-seeking-and-use-15-credits-at-scqf-level-11