This activity is great for helping students to get to know each other and keeping the class atmosphere fun and engaging.
It can be used as a warm-up before class, it helps to bring students closer to each other and to their teacher.
- Invite each participant to write at least one fact or statement about her/himself that their fellow students don’t know.
- Ask the group to figure out who that statement belongs to.
- Ask the student who wrote this fact to declare themselves and explain it.
- Other participants can ask questions.
- For a longer activity, you can ask the participants to add more facts and discuss them.
20-25 minutes depending on the number of students in the group.
ADAPTATIONS AND EXAMPLES
- The participants can share simpler facts if it’s a bigger class and there’s no time such as their favorite food, animal, or plant
- It can be done online, or offline.
- Access to Zoom.
- Shared google slide or Padlet.