Click on the CC icon in the bottom right corner of the video to turn on closed captions.
Helping students (or teachers) see small changes within their reach to improve something they care about.
Minimal - just a space for people to take notes such as Google docs or Google slides.
- Tell participants the exercise is to ask themselves, in response to a particular context and prompt the teacher gives, “What is your 15 percent solution? Where do you have discretion and freedom to act? What can you do without more resources or authority?”
- Give participants some time (5-10 minutes to write these down).
- In pairs or small groups, invite participants to share their 15% solutions.
- If you have time, you can invite participants to give consultations to one another as well.
15-20 minutes depending on group sizes and whether you include the consultation.
Adaptations and examples
- Shared slide deck or any other note-taking.
- Breakout rooms or done asynchronously in small groups.