OneHE is a private limited company registered in England and Wales no. 11223728.
Registered Office: Quad East, Lord Mayor’s Walk, York, YO31 7EX, UK.
© OneHE Ltd 2018.
OneHE, the global network for educators, has today announced convenors for its Business, Management and Accountancy, Chemistry, Education, Engineering and Technology, History and Classics, Law, Physics, Information and Computer Sciences and Psychology.
Making the announcement, Managing Director Dr Mark Jones said “We have been overwhelmed by the response to our call and the enthusiasm of our applicants. Such is the demand that we are still working our way through the requests. Our convenors are now engaging with their networks creating further convenors and starting the process of building the centres. It is an exciting development for OneHE and the global community and we are seeing real energy channelled into them. While we have closed our first call for convenors, we are still taking enquiries and processing enquiries. I urge any educator with an interest in being a convenor to let us know.’
OneHE is a membership platform that supports educators with a shared passion for learning and teaching to connect, collaborate and innovate in a safe space that is uniquely for them. Free to networks, OneHE will shortly launch to individuals, and those registered before 15 January 2019 will be eligible to apply for innovation funding when OneHE runs its first funding round in the new year.
Business, Management and Accountancy
– Ioannis Dermitzakis
– Lim Keong Teoh
– Ms Susan Smith
– Dr Gabriel Cavalli
– Dr Christopher Hill
Engineering and Technology
– Dr Abel Nyamapfene
– Dr Sunday Ekpo
History and Classics
– Dr Rick Halpern
Information and Computer Sciences
– Dr Chris Headleand
– Dr Konstantina Martzoukou
– Dr Jessica Guth
– Dr Nick James
– Professor Vasudeva Aravind
– Dr Annelie Harvey
– Dr Julie Hulme
– Dr Sue Palmer-Conn
– Dr Wendy Garnham
1. The Business, Management and Accountancy, Chemistry, Education, Engineering and Technology, History and Classics, Information and Computer Sciences, Law, Physics and Psychology Global Subject Centres are among 30 that will be established by OneHE over the next few months.
2. The Global Subject Centres sit alongside thematic networks that will address cross-cutting themes such as distributed leadership, widening access and assessment.
3. OneHE was formed in 2018 by Dr Mark Jones, Olivia Fleming and Simon Jones, former directors of the UK Higher Education Academy.
4. OneHE is the first global network for educators in higher education with a shared passion for learning and teaching. It aims to bring together educators to share ideas, solve common challenges and inspire each other to improve the impact and effectiveness of higher education, building on shared wisdom, experience and passion.
5. OneHE provides a safe space for educators to meet existing and new colleagues, collaborate across disciplines, build communities, promote and develop their practice, gain recognition and apply for funding.
6. OneHE is a member-led community. It charges a low monthly membership fees starting at £3 (inclusive of VAT) which is halved for low and median incomes countries.
7. OneHE charges a membership fee to generate funding for innovation and to keep the platform up-to-date and free from advertising.
8. Membership income allows for the community to continue to develop, keep the network space free of commercial messages and, importantly, generate funding for member-led innovation to be issued through the OneHE Foundation.
9. Through the OneHE Foundation, OneHE will award grants to member-selected projects every four months.